biology write-up: respiration.Exciting, I know.biology write-up: respiration. by I-Eat-Hamsters
1. What are the main differences in the composition of inhaled and exhaled air?
Inhaled air is mostly oxygen; exhaled air is mostly carbon dioxide.
2. What volume of air is exchanged at a normal, relaxed breathing rate?
The level of carbon dioxide in the body can be altered by breathing a limited amount of fresh air.
I predict that if the level of carbon dioxide in the body is increased, the circulation and respiration will be affected for the worse and the heart will pump less blood.
1. Find a partner and prepare a data table like the one below.
(Go to connected halfscap sheet to see table)
2. Count the number of breaths that your partner takes while resting in a sitting position for a period of 3 min. Divide the number of breaths by 3, and record this value under "Resting" in your data table.
3. Have your partner hold his or her breath for about 45 sec. Then count the n